Los Angeles Disability Discrimination Lawyer
Employment Attorney in L.A. – Call 844-380-0470 for a Free Consultation
Disability discrimination occurs when an employer treats a qualified employee unfavorably because that employee has a disability. Under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act), a “disability” refers to physical or mental impairment that “substantially limits a major life activity.” Employers may not fire or demote an individual who is qualified to perform his or her required work duties on the basis of that individual being disabled. Employers are required by law to make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities if requested.
If you were subjected to adverse employment action due to a disability, call the Los Angeles discrimination lawyers at Reisman & Reisman today at 844-380-0470. We have helped hundreds of clients recover monetary compensation after their rights have been violated.
Take a look at the benefits of hiring Reisman & Reisman for your case:
- We represent employees only.
- We have top-tier educations and training.
- We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
- We have a proven track record of success.
- We personally guide our clients through the entire process.
- We have experience taking cases all the way through trial.
What Is Considered Illegal Disability Discrimination?
Disability discrimination can include an employer doing any of the following:
- Failing to engage in a good-faith interactive process to determine if there is a reasonable accommodation to allow the employee to perform the essential functions of their job
- Failing to provide reasonable accommodations for a disabled employee
- Terminating an employee because they are disabled
- Refusing to hire an employee based on their disability
- Refusing to promote or train an employee based on their disability
- Retaliating against a disabled employee after they have asked for reasonable accommodations by terminating the employee
What Is a Reasonable Accommodation?
Examples of reasonable accommodations include granting the employee an adjusted work schedule, making reasonable changes to job duties, providing appropriate technology or equipment that would help the employee complete his or her essential tasks, allowing for a finite leave of absence to help that individual recover from a medical condition, and more. However, it is important to remember that an employer is not required to make an accommodation that would cause undue hardship for the company.
Reisman & Reisman serves Southern California employees with knowledgeable legal advocacy. We can put our 20+ years of combined litigation experience to work for you if your employer has fired or demoted you because of illegal discrimination. Our track record includes hundreds of successful employment cases and millions of dollars recovered in compensation. We know what it takes to apply the law to your situation and help you fight for the justice you deserve.
Get the Powerful Representation You Need.
When you call our firm about your potential case, an intake specialist will take down all your information so that our lawyers can evaluate it. This evaluation step is completely free! If you become our client, our entire firm will work with you from start to finish. We will never pass your case off to someone who is less experienced or dedicated.
Give us a call at Reisman & Reisman or contact us online to request your free consultation. There is no fee unless we win!
Get The Compensation You Deserve — Call 844-380-0470